Annual Return Changes – today the “Confirmation Statement ” replaces the Annual Return.
Previously the Annual Return was a return of company details including address,
officers and shareholders on an annual basis. From 7 July 2016 the Annual Return has become the Confirmation Statement, and you need to be aware of the implications that this has on you and your company.
- People with significant control have to be disclosed.
- Company details such as an address, officers and shareholders have to be confirmed at least once a year.
- Paper filing of the statement will now cost £40.00, whilst the online filing remains at £13.00.
Who are people with significant control?
Companies, LLPs and SEs need to keep a register of people with significant control (‘PSC register’) from 6 April 2016.
A PSC is anyone in a company, LLP or SE who meets one or more of the conditions listed in the legislation. This is someone who:
- owns more than 25% of the company’s shares
holds more than 25% of the company’s voting rights
- holds the right to appoint or remove the majority of directors
- has the right to, or actually exercises significant influence or control
- holds the right to exercise or actually exercises significant control over a trust or company that meets one of the first 4 conditions.
Tracy deals with all of our Company Secretarial matters – if you have any issues please do not hesitate to give her a call or email her: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on the changes to implemented by Companies House can be found here.